Before we move ahead, let get to know what a chatbot real is.
A chatbot is a service, powered by rules and sometimes artificial intelligence, that you interact with via a chat interface. The service could be any number of things, ranging from functional to fun, and it could live in any major chat product (Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram, Text Messages, even WhatsApp, etc.).
There are two types of chatbot;
1.one functions based on a set of rules
2. and the other more advanced version uses machine learning.
What does this mean?
Chatbot that functions based on rules:
- This bot is very very limited. It can only respond to very specific commands. If you say the wrong thing, it doesn’t know what you mean.
- This bot is only as smart as it is programmed to be.
7 super usefulness of Messenger Chatbot:
- Weather bot. Get the weather whenever you ask.
- Grocery bot. Help me pick out and order groceries for the week.
- Newsbot. Ask it to tell you whenever something interesting happens.
- Life advice bot. I’ll tell it my problems and it helps me think of solutions.
- Personal finance bot. It helps me manage my money better.
- Scheduling bot. Get me a meeting with someone on the Messenger team on Facebook.
- A bot that’s your friend. In China, there is a bot called Xiaoice, built by Microsoft, that over 20 million people talk to.
I can boldly say that; With bots, the possibilities are endless. You can build anything imaginable, and I encourage you to do just that.
How will Messenger chatbot Benefits Business Owners;
Regardless of your business nature either traditional or digital chatbot has numerous way to help your business succeed, but for the article, I will be limiting to few listing below;
- Push special services and promotions.
Mobile apps were successful because they offered a huge range of automated services. Chatbots are the next natural step, as they allow even more automation options that are delivered to clients through their favorite messaging apps, like Facebook Messenger. An effective chatbot can go a long way help users by allowing them to:
- Make changes to an account
- Update billing information
- Change email addresses and other personal details
- Manage and view new and previous orders
- Request a meeting or consultation with human representatives
Allowing users to manage their information through chatbots rather than using traditional methods is a great way to salvage valuable resources. You can easily create a chatbot through chatbot tools to handle special services and promotions, and allocate your time to other areas of your business.
- Build a strong bond with your audience.
Consumers are always looking for companies that offer the most innovative features. Chatbots are great tools to increase engagement and interaction with your audience. You can do so by sharing different types of content with them, some of which includes:
- Useful tips
- Weather reports
- Fun facts
- Holiday reminders
- How-to articles
- Useful blog posts
- Industry news
Chatbots can also help connect users to their peers. Chatty people chatbots can help you push games, events, and interactive posts that users can share with their friends and invite them to participate in.
- Deliver content with a personalized touch.
Chatbots can be used as a cornerstone of your content marketing strategy. They can deliver personalized offers to your clients based on their preferences and interests. Bots can even launch complex marketing and remarketing campaigns that implement A/B split testing and other advanced techniques to optimize your strategy’s performance. Chatty people chatbots also gather valuable user information that can be used to fill gaps in your market.
- Provide information and FAQs
Allocating resources properly is the key to success, especially for small companies and startups. If your team receives the same inquiry over and over, chatbots can prove to be an effective solution to the problem. Your chatbot will not only help you answer the same question, but it can also give your customers valuable information, such as:
- Hours of operation
- Complete list of services and products
- Service areas
- Prices and stock availability
- Group deals, discounts, and sponsors
- Storytelling and branding
- About and contact information
why should I invest chatbot?
It’s a huge opportunity. HUGE. Scroll down and I’ll explain.
You are probably wondering “Why does anyone care about chatbots? They look like simple text-based services… what’s the big deal?”
Great question. I’ll tell you why people care about chatbots.
It’s because for the first time ever people are using messenger apps more than they are using social networks as shown below;
People are using messenger apps more than they are using social networks.
So, logically, if you want to build a business online, you want to build it where the people are. That place is now inside messenger apps.
This is why chatbots are such a big deal. It’s potentially a huge business opportunity for anyone willing to jump headfirst and build something people want.
How To Build Chatbots
Building a chatbot can sound daunting, but it’s totally doable. You’ll be creating an artificial intelligence powered chatting machine in no time (or, of course, you can always build a basic chatbot that doesn’t have a fancy AI brain and strictly follows rules).
You will need to figure out what problem you are going to solve with your bot, choose which platform your bot will live on (Facebook, Slack, telegram etc), set up a server to run your bot from, and choose which service you will use to build your bot.
The Goal of the Bot is to;
To minimize the time you would spend waiting for a response from a particular business owner, by using keywords and short phrases, you can get information and perform tasks all through the Messenger app. For example, you could use bots to purchase clothing or check the weather by asking the bot questions.
Finally,! Chart help you Send a broadcast.