If you’re running Windows 10 Pro or higher, it’s possible to retake control and prevent the OS from downloading and installing updates automatically using the Local Group Policy Editor or the Registry.
The story is different on Windows 10, you no longer have absolute control over software updates. They’re mandatory, windows 10 software updates installed on your device automatically (whether you like it or not), but this guide can help you retake control and decide when to install them. And they download and install automatically to ensure your device stays up to date with the latest security patches and improvements. This approach is convenient for many users, but trust me not everyone gives a thumbs up for this.
Disable Automatic Updates
Hello, and welcome to yet another useful guide by me. In this post, i will show you how to disable automatic updates in Windows 10 with easy method. So, read-on and your updates will be disabled in no time!
How To Disable?
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing “WIN+R” keys. to open the Run command.Enter in “control” & hit the enter button.
- Now in control panel, change sorting from “Category” to “Large icons” as shown above
- Afterwards, click on “Administrative tools” & wait for the explorer window, then double click on “Component Services” Shortcut.
- Now click on “Services” from left panel & Search for “Windows updates”
- Right click on “Windows updates” & click properties, then change the “Startup type” from Automatic to “Disabled” & hit the OK button.
- That’s all, Automatic windows updates should be gone now & your PC won’t slow down anymore.
When new updates are released, you’ll receive a notification in Action Center, but updates won’t download and install until you’re ready to open windows update and security and hit download button
Thanks for reading please use buttons below and share with friends