Benue State is a purely civil service dominated state (Arguably) . Therefore the possibility of the people accepting your business is huge (look no further).
Regardless of the current economic situation, Benue still remains a hub for most entrepreneurs and investors (you can leverage on that). In fact, Surprisingly, Nigeria is now the largest yam/orange producing state in Nigeria, the number one destination for Foreign Direct Investment in Africa (certainly not snake farming).
This question is why should one go into business:
1. Lack of Steady Salaries (Hardship): Benue State government’s inability to pay staff salaries is no longer news not even to a 2year old baby. Imagine having your both parent as civil servant without any side-business to back that up, you will probably be on the street begging by now, therefore business risk is worth taking.
2. Unemployment: Over 65% of Benue Youths are unemployed, due to lack jobs, infrastructure for investors, and Industries. name them…
….and so what, as the saying goes “If you can’t get a Miracle, Become a miracle” so guys if there is not job create one, moreover getting credit for job well-done is not an abomination in where i come from.
Remember the most commonly found businesses currently in Benue State are Fuel Service station, Beer parlors and Hotels. so there is yet a reservoir for other business.
3. Population (Cheap Labour):There are over 5 million people resident in Benus State. Now what this means, in essence, is that the market is big enough to absorb any product, provided enough marketing and awareness is created. Another positive impact of this population statistics is that there is cheap labor. One of the reasons China grew to become an industrial hub is because of her large population, which in turn can be an advantage, with respect to cheap the cost of labor and market availability.
4. Supplying Farm Produce to other States: Nigeria is fast developing and there is a huge need for innovative products. kindly reflect on the position of Nigeria ten years back and compare it with her present state; you will agree with me that there is a huge change which is an opportunity for agriculture.
5. Nigeria is currently riddled with problems and the government is currently battling to tackle these problems. I am talking about challenges such as falling oil prices, security, infrastructural decay, unemployment, power failure, corruption, fall in education standard, accommodation, etc. The average minds believe these problems can never be resolved and if it is to be resolved, it should be done by the government (dumb thought).
However, people with entrepreneurial mindset know that these problems are opportunities; and only those who act will turn these opportunities into profitable businesses.
6. The government is working to improve the economic condition of the country, by implementing several policies aimed at encouraging local content production and small-scale enterprises. There’s also a tax holiday, incentive and duty-free import policy for those willing to invest in certain sectors of the economy. If you are well positioned to take advantages of such opportunities, you will make something from it.
7. The eye of most entrepreneurs and investors doing business in Nigeria is usually in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt. However, tremendous opportunities are laying waste to other states cities such as Makurdi, Gboko, Otukpo, Owerri, Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, Kano, Ogun, Ibadan, Enugu, etc. Take for instance Nairaland is being run from Ota, Ogun state. So you to can start something in Benue State today.
Now to be honest with you, I don’t take heed to what the World Bank and IMF statistics say about Nigeria. I am equally not moved by the politically inclined propaganda promoted on the media about Nigeria. I am an entrepreneur on the ground, and I have personally assessed the situation on the ground and charted out ways to harness it. my advice there plenty of Benue small business you can give a try today.
You can invest in today, and share this with your friends.